Northern NSW Football have announced the dates of its special rounds for 2022.
The rounds will be acknowledged across Premier and Community football throughout northern NSW.
Remember and honour the sacrifices our service people have made for Australia and New Zealand.
Female Football Week
Celebrate the immense growth of the women’s game and acknowledge existing players, coaches, referees and administrators in football.
Our football community is at its best when we all feel safe and respected. Help us spread the message of respect on the pitch, on the sideline and online.
Diversity and inclusion is our biggest strength. This NAIDOC Week we’ll celebrate and recognise the history, culture and achievements of the First Nations people in our football family.
Football in northern NSW has a long and proud history dating back to the 1800s. In a time of immense change this is an opportunity to reflect on our clubs’ history, people and successes over the years.
Clubs are encouraged to celebrate or commemorate special rounds. Some ideas include:
- Organise fundraisers for specific causes
- Develop special round playing kits through First Touch Football Supplies
- Implement a special round trophy e.g. ANZAC Day Cup
- Host a Sponsors Day to say thank you for their support
- Invite guests to games e.g. local politicians or members of these communities
- Approach local media to run a story on your activities
- Provide activities for kids and involve local schools
The Northern NSW Football team are planning celebrations for each round and will be in contact with Member Zones and clubs as special rounds approach. More information will also be available on the NNSWF social media channels.
For more information on 2022 special rounds contact NNSWF Female Participation & Inclusion Officer Annelise Rosnell (firstname.lastname@example.org).